Thursday, January 21, 2016

"Clean and Sober"

Having been a very long time smoker - and I don't mean Marlboros - and nearly as long a pursuer of the "psychedelic arts" - and I don't mean composing "trippy" audio/visual pieces, and I don't mean ingesting/injecting/snorting man-made chemical concoctions, but the all natural varieties (know what I mean?) - and only recently (within the last few years) gone totally and absolutely cold-turkey on all of that - an action I have spoken about here more than once (here, here, here, and here), for its obvious benefits to a man or woman, and mankind the species - I can now say, the world-in-general and my life-in-particular is a much more interesting, fascinating, colorful, exciting, surprising etc., etc., experience than it EVER WAS while still "hooked on the stuff" referenced above - and I do NOT mean "hooked", as in, can't get off it, because I did that intentionally several times during each and every year to "get clean", and quite ready for the NEXT time.
 
Those people out there who have never partaken of these "psychedelic arts" may not fully appreciate the Great Great Advantage it has been for so many others who are still alive today, who have done them in the right way: not too often, and not too much, but for personal growth and exploration, and have become "psychedelic artistes"...

Some have suggested, that a life lived without the psychedelic experience would be much like a life lived without the sexual experience, and only those who HAVE HAD BOTH, know and understand what is being suggested herein.

No comments:

Post a Comment