Sunday, April 11, 2004

I pick my knows in public!

That's right. And I don't feel guilty or ashamed about it, either; afterall, everybody else does it too, so I fit right in. At least, I'm aware I'm doing it.



But really, how else can a person reveal how the world smells to them, and whether or not some miniscule part of it passes their highly refined "smell test"? How else can a person verbalize what they believe to be true, unless they pick it out and shovel it up for all to see, especially first and foremost themselves; to feel it, to roll it around the lips and fingers, to look at it from this way and that, and finally either toss it away, give it to somebody else as a gift, or even better, keep it to oneself - presumably, for later.



Picking one's knows in public has become so widespread, commonplace and acceptable to the general population, that some, especially those who do it the most, are called experts, wise, learned, knowledgeable, and intelligent, while those who never do it, risk being called stupid, unknowledgeable, and ignorant.



Such is life on Earth at this time and place.



No comments:

Post a Comment